EIP is looking for a Credit Controller to join EIP’s central finance team based in London.
EIP is a forward-thinking Intellectual Property firm and one of the fastest growing legal practices in the UK; it has expanded internationally via the opening of offices in the USA and Dusseldorf (Germany). We are a leading provider of IP services to an impressive list of global companies and the first firm in the UK to incorporate patent attorneys and IP litigation solicitors in a combined partnership.
EIP are looking for a Credit Controller who will be responsible for chasing outstanding invoices to the company, playing a vital role in the cash-flow of the organisation ensuring credit given to customers is monitored and controlled effectively.
The team is responsible for the management of finances for all 6 EIP office, including the offices in Europe and the USA, and this role will include responsibility for debtors in those jurisdictions as well as in the UK.
The key responsibilities associated with this role are:
- Chasing debtors by telephone and email and reducing debtor days
- Allocating payment receipts in accordance with customer remittances
- Processing and generating reminder letters and monthly statements
- Liaising with Fee Earner, Case Holder and Account Holder to resolve outstanding queries
- Meeting Fee Earner, Case Holder and Account Holder to review their outstanding debtors
- Daily and month end reporting and account reconciliations
- Regular meetings with the COO to review the firms aged debt position.
- Investigating and resolving queries relating to non-payment of invoices
- Dealing with Client requests including providing account reconciliations
- Ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity
- Year-end provisioning
- Provide accurate advice on billing queries
- Undertake credit checks for new clients and provide guidance for setting credit limits
- Respond promptly and completely to both client and internal enquiries
- Providing ad-hoc reporting as and when requested
- Develop the credit management capability within the practice
- Ensure all client monies are correctly identified and posted.
- Ensuring all client monies are transferred to client account
- Maintain monthly reconciliation of monies held on client account
- Provide cover for other accounting functions as requested
- Banking cheques and picking up cash as required
- Other duties as delegated from time to time by the Financial Controller or any other person designated in their absence
- Keep the partnership up to date with new credit management techniques and practices.
- Producing daily banking report for Executive Members
To apply, please send your CV and covering note to Grace Baker via email@example.com