Department: Information Services (IT)
Reports to: IT Operations & Security Manager
Working hours: Full-time
EIP is award-winning patent firm which and specialises in high-value and complex patent matters. In 2022 EIP won Managing IP’s ‘European Patent Contentious Firm of the Year’ award and for the fourth year in a row, EIP has been ranked in the FT's list of Europe’s Leading Patent Law Firms.
EIP has around 165 employees who operate from 5 European offices (London, Bath, Leeds, Cardiff and Düsseldorf) as well as one office in the US (Denver). Our multidisciplinary team combines patent attorneys, litigators and commercial IP lawyers has an impressive global client base from SMEs to multinational blue-chip companies and includes telecoms owners, major software developers, pharma and biotech companies, medical device manufacturers, aerospace and logistics companies.
Diversity is an intrinsic part of EIP’s business culture. We are proud to support the IP Inclusive initiative and we are a signatory to the IP Inclusive Charter. EIP actively engages in diversity efforts and is committed to developing an attitude of openness for the benefit of all those working in the IP profession.
About the IT team
The IT team is currently made up of 11 individuals and will soon grow to 12 with an incoming new joiner. The team are located in the London and Bath offices.
The Head of IT heads up the IT Department grouped into Front and Back office functions:
The IT Operations and Security Manager manages the Front Office Team made up of an IT Desk coordinator, IT Assistants & an IT Trainer.
The Applications and Infrastructure Manager manages the Back Office Team made up of an Infrastructure Engineer, App Developers, a Data Scientist and Solution Specialists.
About the role
This role will be working as part the IT Desk Team based in our London office and delivering IT, phone and videoconferencing support services throughout the organisation.
You will be assisting with the day to day organisation and deployment of resources ranging from computer hardware / software, mobiles and videoconferencing equipment in addition to the implementation of new processes. This is a technical position with a strong emphasis on internal customer support.
- Providing support for IT and telephony related problems for all users
- Assisting with the general administration of the network
- Assisting with the configuration, setup and upgrade of new and old computers (software & hardware)
- A flexible, “can do” approach is essential; the candidate will occasionally be expected to work outside of normal office hours
- Promoting and maintaining excellent internal customer relations by dealing effectively, efficiently with matters that fall within your responsibility
- Exhibiting excellent communication and listening skills and demonstrate empathy in dealings with staff
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality at all times and exercise discretion and good judgment when dealing with confidential matters
Skills, experience & qualifications
You will be comfortable working in a modern, fast-paced environment where you are given a level of autonomy to do your work.
Successful candidates will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- IT related qualifications (Microsoft, VMware or Networking)
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of Windows 2016/19 Active Directory administration and Group Policy
- Good knowledge of network infrastructure including TCP/IP, routing, switches, vLANs firewalls, DHCP, DNS, SMTP
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft products: Windows 10, Office 365, Microsoft Teams
- Passionate about new technology
- Good troubleshooting/ analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills including planning, prioritising, timekeeping and meeting deadlines
The following skills would also be beneficial:
- Experience with Microsoft 365 administration
- Knowledge of Netdocuments DMS
- Knowledge of virtualisation platforms (VMware Horizon or Azure VDI)
- Knowledge of Information Security (ISMS, ISO 27001)
Rewards & benefits
We offer a competitive salary and several benefits:
- Discretionary bonus
- 25 days of holiday, excluding bank holidays
- Private medical health care
- Free eye tests
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Group personal pension plan
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, and shared parental leave
- Flex Leave or Time Off In Lieu (TOIL)
- Holiday Loyalty
With our state-of-the-art paperless systems, we offer hybrid working, three days in the office and two from home. EIP’s employees also enjoy reduced business hours on the days when working from the office subject to there being no urgent work commitments.
EIP has a friendly, progressive and mutually supportive working environment along with a smart casual dress policy and stylish modern offices.
EIP is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religious practice or any other perceived differences.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com, providing information about your notice period, current package, and salary expectation. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the talent team.