CRM Systems Manager
Bath, Cardiff, Leeds & London
Department: Marketing and Business Development
Reports to: Head of Marketing and Business Development
Working hours: Full-time
EIP is award-winning and specialises in high-value and complex patent matters. We have around 165 employees who operate from 5 European offices (London, Bath, Leeds, Cardiff and Düsseldorf) as well as one office in the US (Denver, Colorado). Our multidisciplinary team combines patent attorneys, litigators and commercial IP lawyers in three of the world’s main patent markets - Germany, UK and USA. EIP has an impressive global client base from SMEs to multinational blue-chip companies and includes telecoms owners, major software developers, pharma and biotech companies, medical device manufacturers, aerospace and logistics companies.
The business is organised into several tech areas to reflect the expertise of the attorneys and lawyers at EIP. These include EIP Dynamics, EIP Elements, EIP Life, EIP Healthtech, and EIP Energy, as well as our class-leading electronics practice, EIP Digital. We also have an award-winning Litigation team.
EIP has been recognised for its expertise across legal directories and awards. For the fourth year in a row, EIP has been ranked in the FT's list of Europe’s Leading Patent Law Firms. In 2022, EIP won Managing IP’s ‘European Patent Contentious Firm of the Year’, and for four years from 2018 to 2021 EIP was named as Managing IP’s ‘UK Patent Contentious Firm of the Year’.
Diversity is an intrinsic part of EIP’s business culture. We are proud to support the IP Inclusive initiative and we are a signatory to the IP Inclusive Charter. EIP actively engages in diversity efforts and is committed to developing an attitude of openness for the benefit of all those working in the IP profession.
About the Marketing and Business Development team
The Marketing and Business Development team provides support a range of activities from social media, website, podcast, events, client relationship management, directories and awards, pitches and presentations, new business generation, budgeting and strategy.
The small team thrives on collaboration and works closely with fee earners to support their marketing efforts and help deliver EIP’s objectives.
Overall purpose of the role
This role will work closely with the Head of Marketing and Business Development to develop and deliver EIP’s CRM strategy.
This key role is designed to oversee EIP’s CRM database from data management and integrity, through to user engagement, and using the database to track, analyse and support new business generation and client relationship management.
The following are the primary functions that will fall within this role:
- Manage the firm’s CRM database and e-Marketing (Microsoft Dynamics) day to day and be seen as the go-to person for any enquiries.
- Opportunity to develop and deliver EIP's CRM strategy.
- Engage with stakeholders at all levels across the business to improve adoption, implementing and embedding quality focused CRM working practices.
- Provide both regular and ad hoc written and verbal communications to the firm.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Business Development team to track new business generation, embed client relationships and manage referrals.
- Work with IT specialists to develop the CRM database and identify integration to streamline EIP’s processes.
Skills, experience & qualifications
You will be comfortable working in a modern, fast-paced environment where you are given a level of autonomy to do your work.
Successful candidates will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven track record of working with CRM systems with successful user implementation; experience of Dynamics would be beneficial
- Prior experience of working in a professional services environment is advantageous
- Ability to influence and promote the benefits of CRM
- Confidence to work with range of stakeholders and present on CRM
- Passion for database marketing and attention to detail in data integrity
- Demonstrable understanding of CRM processes and their role in supporting business development client relationships
- Ability to work with IT specialists to develop systems and deliver streamlined processes
- Team player
- An appropriate professional attitude (personable, well prepared, flexible and enthusiastic)
Rewards & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and several benefits:
- Discretionary bonus
- 25 days of holiday, excluding bank holidays
- Private medical health care
- Free eye tests
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Group personal pension plan
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, and shared parental leave
- Flex Leave or Time Off In Lieu (TOIL)
- Holiday Loyalty
With our state-of-the-art paperless systems, we offer hybrid working, three days in the office and two from home. EIP’s employees also enjoy reduced business hours on the days when working from the office subject to there being no urgent work commitments.
EIP has a friendly, progressive and mutually supportive working environment along with a smart casual dress policy and stylish modern offices.
EIP is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religious practice or any other perceived differences.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com, providing information about your notice period, current package, and salary expectation. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the talent team.