Patently | Web Developer
Reports to: Director, Customer Success
Seniority: Mid to senior level
Working hours: Full-time
Patently is changing the way the world’s leading companies’ search for and use patent data.
Simple, powerful & accurate. Patently is a new patent analytics software system aiming to simplify patent analytics with its intuitive user-interface.
Underpinning the software is the treatment of the core patent data, what has been called the world’s greatest technical library, by deep cleaning and organising patent data from multiple sources, and allowing users to derive accurate patent status information, and drive visualisations of trends.
Patently is an independent software company that was founded by EIP and is now a spin-out. EIP is a law firm and remains a significant user of the Patently platform.
About the team
The team comprises IP software specialists, patent search/data professionals and patent attorneys all of whom are working from smart, modern offices in Holborn, Central London.
About the role
The Web Developer will manage and improve Patently website, working closely with back-end and database developers and liaising with third-party web development company.
The Web Developer will help have overall responsibility for the Patently website.
The primary duties will include:
- Designing, building and maintaining the user interface for the product delivery areas of the website
- Optimising the responsiveness and compatibility across multiple browsers and devices
- Liaising with product stakeholders in developing a smooth and intuitive user experience
- Liaising with third party developer colleagues and designers.
Secondary duties will include:
- Building additional areas of the Patently website
- Developing a testing / analytics platform for the product to include the use of google analytics and A/B testing
- Offer database development support where possible.
Skills, experience & qualifications
- Experience of leading website development projects, OR
- Experience working in standalone roles responsible for the development of web interfaces (c. 5 years experience required)
Knowledge of the following technical requirements:
- PHP (essential)
- D3 (essential)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- XML & JSON data formats
- Net Framework 4.6
- Experience in managing a large user base
- Producing solutions that are scalable
- Strong time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- A positive approach to getting the job done
You may also be able to demonstrate
- MySQL or SQL server experience
- Experience of setting up A/B testing or similar testing environment
- Google analytics experience
With our state-of-the-art paperless systems, we offer hybrid working, one day in the office and four from home.
Patently has a friendly, progressive and mutually supportive working environment along with a smart casual dress policy and stylish modern offices.
Patently is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religious practice or any other perceived differences.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com, providing information about your notice period, current package, and salary expectation. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the talent team.