Hannah is an IP Solicitor, and has experience in complex patent litigation in the life sciences and telecommunications fields and of proceedings in the High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court. Hannah is currently involved in patent disputes involving telecommunications technology and FRAND licensing.
During her training Hannah worked on secondment to a transactional IP specialist law firm. She spent three months advising on a variety of contracts including assignments, licensing agreements, research agreements and clinical trial agreements as well as giving data protection advice.
Prior to joining EIP she spent five years as an IP litigation paralegal at a specialist IP firm where she was involved in some high-profile cases in the life sciences sector including Eli Lilly & Others v Genentech, Astex v AstraZeneca and GSK v Wyeth.
Hannah holds a master’s degree in Management of Intellectual Property and a research master’s in Molecular Cell Biology. She also completed the Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practicing Course at BPP University while working full time. Hannah is a native Swedish speaker.
- Optis v Apple: Part of the team acting for the Optis group in patent dispute with Apple including the related jurisdictional challenge.
- Unwired Planet v Huawei: Part of the team representing Unwired Planet at the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court in the FRAND aspects of the telecommunications dispute.
- Conversant v Huawei & ZTE: Part of the team acting for Conversant in their litigation against Huawei and ZTE, including the, technical trials in the High Court, jurisdictional challenge including at the Supreme Court and related anti-suit injunction.
- Conversant v Apple: Part of the team acting for Conversant in their litigation against Apple concerning implementation patents in the High Court
- Acting for Unwired Planet and Conversant Wireless in successful Supreme Court proceedings against Huawei (and ZTE for Conversant) on the issue of FRAND in the context of Standard Essential Patents (SEPs) in the field of telecommunication. (link)
- July 2021
Fashion, Law & Business, High Court Finds Unregistered Design Right infringement of House of CB Designs against Oh Polly Online Fashion Retailer
- May 2021
Newsflash, No declaration of non-infringement for Oh Polly no matter the colour (link)
- April 2021
Newsflash, Original Beauty’s originality not passed off by Oh Polly (link)
- Life Sciences
Education and qualifications
2018 — 2019
Legal Practice Course, BPP University
2014 — 2016
Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP University
2012 — 2013
MSc Management of Intellectual Property, Queen Mary University of London
2011 — 2012
MSc by Research Molecular Cell Biology, University of Edinburgh
2008 — 2011
BSc Medical Biochemistry, University of Leicester
- 2021 — present
- 2019 — 2021
Trainee Solicitor, EIP
- 2014 — 2019
IP Litigation Paralegal, Marks & Clerk Solicitors
- Swedish (Fluent)